Featured Post

Reflections on June 8th, 2012:

Moving into the rest of our life………… Over the last several years Alice and I have been “wintering” with our motor-home at a campground i...

Saturday, September 09, 2017

0700 Saturday....long night!

Alice is up watching MSNBC looking to see if there is any change in the storm track. Overnight it appears to have shifted to the West, so it looks like the West Coast will take the biggest hit.  But, the damn thing is so big it really doesn't matter I think...it's going up the entire peninsular. Alice just told me we're out of the "cone" so we might just get a bit lucky?

On a somber note, and this is something I hadn't even thought about (my bad) until I read it, here's an article from NPR that talks about what its like to be poor and dead in the path of the storm.  We had to look for our supplies to get well stocked up, and when the cash got low we went to the ATM and got more....some folks have NO options.  Very sad. http://www.npr.org/2017/09/08/549295524/poor-in-miami-hoping-to-ride-out-irma-on-bread-and-cans-of-tuna

No comments: