Featured Post

Reflections on June 8th, 2012:

Moving into the rest of our life………… Over the last several years Alice and I have been “wintering” with our motor-home at a campground i...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

iPad activation FUBAR forced me off the dime...and there's no regrets with the iPad Air 2...

With the introduction of IOS 9.3 I proceeded (like an idiot early adopter) to upgrade the two iPhones and two iPads in the house.  Alice's 4s, and my 6s+ and Alice's Mini2 all went smoothly but we got into the "could not activate" issue with the iPad2 that Apple is now fixing.  Long story short, the system is asking for the original password used to set-up the iPad in ITunes and failing that, she's not activating.  So, just for giggles I looked up how long I've had the iPad 2, and was surprised to find I'd purchased it in March 2011...five years ago!  I had been complaining to myself about slow load times and video performance, and I decided that Apple was sending me a message that the 2 was nearing her shelf life....so we went out and got an iPad Air 2, since the Pro had just come out and they'd reduced the price by $100.  What a difference!  It's like being dropped onto a different planet, onto a Star-Wars scene.  Absolutely love it!  I'm waiting for the "Fix" to be published on the 2, and I'll bring that back to factory specs and gift it to David.  All's well that ends well!

April 2016:  Alice and myself ended up driving to the Apple Store in Altamonte Florida....the place was mobbed, so we had to make an appointment to see the "Genius"....We came back in a few days and, long story short, the i-pad was restored to New Condition after two and a half hours....they had a hard time with it.  David is now using it, and it is like a new ipad which is a good thing....nice that it will continue to be used and appreciated :).

No comments: